622 Stretching SD picture

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
My 622 has started to stretch the SD picture on some channels. Two that I noticed it on are the OTA version of my ABC affiliate and A&E HD. I was unsure if it was the 622 or the set but when I hit the cancel button the banner shows that the picture is stretched. So has something changed or did I inadvertently change my settings.

FWIW I tried getting into the HD picture settings and modifying screen size it did not change things. I have also trieda complete reboot.

Last edited:
I've found that if I use a combination of the receiver aspect ratio formatting options combined with the TV options I can usually come across an acceptable middle ground.

that was rhe answer. thanks guys. tech support could not help me but my friends here did. I appreciate it.

I wish the Dish stretch is as good as my Toshiba's TV Theatre Wide 2 stretch. It stretches the side more than the middle so you don't really feel like you are watching stretched people.

Yes, I wish that they would enable native resolution so we could all USE our Tv aspect ratios instead of the 622's. IF they would add a button on the remote with an easy way to cycle through the different hd resolutions like Directv does, we could do this ourselves with a push of the button. Going through all the menus each time to change resolutions is slow and cumbersome. IT would be so much easier if you could just hit TV/Video input in sat mode and cycle right through till you got 480p and you would be able to use your own tv's stretch modes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)