622 Surround Sound Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Technician1313

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
New Mexico
Hi, a friend of mine has a 622 receiver connected via HDMI to a surround sound amp. (Samsung HT-D6500W)

He has been experiencing some weird issues with his audio. Some channels, it seems that certain tracks are missing from the audio, and the volume changes drastically on different channels.

I suggested he try using an optical cable, to transmit the sound, but I think he's still having issues. Has anyone ever experienced something similar?

Thanks!

the key here.. is that if some channels are fine.. and others are not.. that its more likely to be something in the source or the rebroadcast and not the equipment.

If watching commercial TV .. should pay extra attention to see if audio changes during commercials.. when I'm watching LateNight with Craig F ... often the sound is more left centric (haven't gone to any length to investigate it) and then when commercials come on.. suddenly I'm getting consolidated audio primarily from the center speaker... when the show comes back from commercial, the audio changes back to how it was before the commercial. That's how I know its not me.. its something in the signal .. etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts