622 Timer Recording Issue

JamesThurber

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Spokane, WA
I am in Spokane and recently (last week) got my HD-LILs and started noticing issues with timers that were set on my off-air channels. I had not had any issues with timers before that. In some cases it was marking new shows as Duplicate events, sometimes it was completely skipping a show(not even marking it with an X). The timer is still there but in the details of the timer it shows zero events.In some cases the timer was created and showed the show in the detail of the timer and then the next day the timer detail is completely empty. I called Dish and have an RA for a new receiver but the last tech I talked to also filed a report with the engineers in case it is software related because he didn't think it was related to the receiver being bad. Is there anyone else that is having this problem with their off-air timers? Thanks for any input. I also did all the typical things, front panel re-boot, delete and re-create timers, etc.

James

Yep, most of us in HD-Lil enabled areas are living with this "feature". On the bright side, at least you can record the satellite HD feeds reliably, just not OTA. There are many threads in here about this in case you want more info.

This is a known problem. You do NOT need to return your receiver....

You need to...

Delete all timers using Sat (SD and HD) mapped down channels (like 007-0).

Go to the local channel setup screen and disable local downmapping.

Recreate your timers using the 6000/8000 channel number.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=63977&highlight=vanishing+timer

Theres a number of threads over at dbstalk too.

It's VERY sad that customer support still hasn't been notified about the bug. Does Dish not understand they are spending $$$ swapping boxes for nothing?

Perhaps this should be calculated in when using supposedly cheaper off-shore CS people (who have no access to dish network service).

txfeinbergs said:
On the bright side, at least you can record the satellite HD feeds reliably, just not OTA.
Yeah I realized that too late, my priorities on timers were setup HD(OTA), HD(LIL), SD for shows that happened at the same time. I have now moved LIL to the top and OTA to second string. Hopefully that will keep the better half happy until a fix is found.

txfeinbergs said:
There are many threads in here about this in case you want more info.
I realized that after I went looking this morning. I posted in the 622 bug thread that I made the mistake of calling Dish before checking what the experts here had to say . Oh well :rolleyes: I have a new receiver coming and hopefully it will not show some of the sporadic rebooting that this one showed even if it is being replaced for another reason.

David_Levin said:
You do NOT need to return your receiver....
I realize that now but since Dish already issued an RA and shipped the receiver I will replace my current receiver and hopefully it will play nicer and not reboot at random times while recording shows that I would like to watch.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)