Encore?

nogard

Original poster
May 16, 2006
do you have to pay extra if you get the AT180? I'm thinking of switching to Dish from DirecTV

AT180 includes Encore West and the Encore theme channels (Action, Drama, Love, Mysteries, Westerns). Also the west feeds of TMC and TMC Xtra.

nogard said:
Thank you. I wonder why it doesn't include Encore east. That's a little silly.
They don't include Encore East because they want you to upgrade to the Starz package which includes that and all Starz channels.

I am pretty sure it has to do with the way the channels first appeard on Dish. Inertia. Originally Dish added Starz and Encore (just the two channels) and charged $9 a month for them. They later added Encore Westerns and Starz 2 (Which changed its name to Starz theater and now Starz Edge). When they added 110° and AT150 (now AT180) they added the rest of the Encore channels and many of the Starz channels to the line-up. But they kept Encore as part of the Starz package. Encore Westerns continues to be available to Staz/Encore subscribers who have not changed their programming since the April 2000 addition of AT180.

So, due to the way they originally packaged the channels--

Starz Package includes Encore East and all the Starz channels on Dish.
AT180 includes Encore west and the 6 thematic channels.
Encore Movie Pack (available for $4.99 added to any AT package includes Encore West and 5 thematic channels (Not WAM).

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)