Starz/Encore soon to not be available in the AT250?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
HBO has been dying..hence the minimum subscriber requirement

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
I don't really buy that that was the reason for the minimum subscriber requirement. I think AT&T figured they were in a arm-twisting position once they acquired HBO/Cinemax (otherwise, they'd be taking it away from cable companies, except Comcast, naturally) and tried to put the screws to Dish. Charlie's standing firm (which I agree with) despite the churn in subs. As I've said previously, I don't see HBO returning to Dish. If HBO is dying due to AT&T's actions, Charlie won't be coming to the rescue....

I don't really buy that that was the reason for the minimum subscriber requirement. I think AT&T figured they were in a arm-twisting position once they acquired HBO/Cinemax (otherwise, they'd be taking it away from cable companies, except Comcast, naturally) and tried to put the screws to Dish. Charlie's standing firm (which I agree with) despite the churn in subs. As I've said previously, I don't see HBO returning to Dish. If HBO is dying due to AT&T's actions, Charlie won't be coming to the rescue....
Can’t take it away from other providers until their contracts expire.

Long time lurker, never bothered signing up, finally broke just to post this.

Is anyone else seeing this? Searching multiple ways, I see the Starz/Encore channels in AT250, with the exception of the base Starz/Encore. The other ones all show as still being in AT250. Apologies for the formatting, AEP is the left check, AT250 is the right check.

Station AEP AT250

Starz Encore Action (EACTN)
check.gif
check.gif

Starz Encore Black (EBLCK)
check.gif
check.gif

Starz Encore Classic (ECLAS)
check.gif
check.gif

Starz Encore Family (EFAM)
check.gif
check.gif

Starz Encore (ENCOR) HD
check.gif

Starz Encore - West (ENCRW)
check.gif
check.gif

The premise of the original poster was not my experience when I checked. As you point out I see all the Encore channels in the top 250 packages in every comparison I see.

Also welcome to Sat Guys. :)

Reactions: bluenerd
Again, I would be surprised if AT250 did not have Encore. That is one of their main selling points and why I would not move to a lower tier. Add to that the Movie Pack for another $10 is a good deal in this day.

I would not move to a lower tier myself for I LOVE American Heroes Channel too much.

Reactions: navychop
The premise of the original poster was not my experience when I checked. As you point out I see all the Encore channels in the top 250 packages in every comparison I see.

Also welcome to Sat Guys. :)
encore pack i have for 6 bucks...good pack.

now indieplex was removed from dish movie pack, so is that pack now in starz? because i think it was removed from the dish movie pack.?

encore pack i have for 6 bucks...good pack.

now indieplex was removed from dish movie pack, so is that pack now in starz? because i think it was removed from the dish movie pack.?

Indie is in the movie pack channel 378. It is part of Starz so like Starz DISH is not advertising it's existence. Also like Starz who knows what is going on with all that.
Encore pack for $6 has been a choice for a very long time. It's being in the top 250 that became a question with the OP but it appears to remain in it. It too is part of Starz and I don't see the $6 choice on the page it was before.

Reactions: TheKrell
as checking the channel comparison today on dish's site it shows the encore channels except for 340 ENCORE HD as available in AT250. Very strange.. but i still get the channel in the AT250. I don't sub to Starz but I do sub to the movie pack. I get Channel 340 ENC in HD and Starz Kids and Family in HD. Dish must have been playing with the website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)