622 to Sony DVD

nth@cox.net

Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
When I try to record a movie from my DVR to my Sony GX314 DVD recorder the Sony says that the movie is copy protected. It will not record.
Dish said it must be the Sony. Sony does have a lot of copyrights and they don't care if their customers are happy or not.
So are the movies copy guarded or is it the Sony recorder.

I purchased a sony dvd rec. back last May and had the same problem in that only a small percentage of the things I wanted to record would. I then returned the dvd rec. to circuit city and bought a panasonic dmr e15 at least I think thats the model # and have not had one problem since with this unit not able to record. I have read in some of the other forums that if you connect the sony recorder to an a/v receiver first you might be able to trick it. Good Luck

When I try to record a movie from my DVR to my Sony GX314 DVD recorder the Sony says that the movie is copy protected. It will not record.
Dish said it must be the Sony. Sony does have a lot of copyrights and they don't care if their customers are happy or not.
So are the movies copy guarded or is it the Sony recorder.

All the new Sony DVD recorders do this... I had the same experience with mine and returned it for the Samsung DVD-R145 HDMI/Dual Layer but the DVD R130 or 135 will work as well and not very expensive... Good Luck... Jk

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder connected to the TV1 S-video output, and have recorded over 150 movies from the HD premium channels without a problem. I use the TV1 output to record anamorphic DVDs (output set to Normal 16x9) that fill the wide screen when they are played back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)