622 TV1 RF Modulato TV1 Picture

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

btb79

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
I am trying to view the TV1 signal on our PC in the office on a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 tuner card. The TV2 picture on channel 73 looks fine, but the TV1 picture on channel 79 is compressed so it doesn't fill the whole screen.

What is the size of the TV1 picture via the RF modulator? Do I need to change something in the 622 to make the picture larger or am I stuck with what I get?

Thanks!

The TV-1 SD outputs (composite, S-video, and RF) are all anamorphic. Presently there is no way to defeat this. If your PC tuner is capable of stretching the image horizontally, you should be golden.

Brad

Thanks for the reply. Why do they do this? Doesn't this make the TV1 picture on the RF modulator useless?

Actually, it's great if you want to watch TV1 on another (distant) 16:9 TV. We do this in the bedroom, where we don't watch enough to warrant another sat receiver, but do occasionally watch E* programming. You just watch in "Stretch Mode," and you're fine. We have a UHF remote there to control TV1 on the 622, so it works great. In an ideal world, though, you would be able to pick which format you wanted TV1 to be.

Brad

Yes, in an ideal world, you would have separate settings for TV1-HD outputs and TV1-SD outputs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts