622, tv2 and a sling box

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Does this work, I know the tv2 remote is uhf, is there a way to set it to IR for slingbox controll. Im getting ready to purchase one very soon.. (like in the next 12 days) How do I set this up?

I haven't found a way yet but our 622 is in single mode most of the time. I think there was a thread recently where somebody was talking about some kind of converter for TV2 IR, don't know what the result of that was.

I don't have a sling box, but I do something similar with my location free on a 625. The 'trick' is to use the TV1 with the IR remote and an IR blaster. Since TV2 is a uhf remote my location free (and probably your sling box) will not be able to deal.

The problem of course is the HD output is only on TV1 on the 622, so you would need to either always be in single mode, or switch to dual mode when you want to watch a SD program on TV2 and wire TV2 to your SD inputs on the tv and TV1 HDMI to the TV and the non-HD outputs to the slingbox.

This is exactly the reason that I got both a 622 and a 625.

YMMV...Mark

the slingbox has passthru outputs so whatever you connect to it can go from there to the tv. it doesn't do HD.

yea I got it running, I had to put tv 2 with shared view enabled.. And its running in single mode. (unfortuanly, If my wife is watching tv, she will have to deal with it or watch tv in the other room or fight me for channels :) ) Love to see how that one would turn out LOL :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)