622 UHF Remote problems

mrplow

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 10, 2004
622 installed today. The 622 UHF remote will Change the address code but thats all. I was on the phone for an hour, we tried everthing even the 942 UHF remote, no luck There sending a replacement 622.

Are both remotes on the 922 RF? I believe that tv1 is not and tv 2 is. If this is the case can you use the tv2 remote on tv1? I don't plan on using tv2 and I'd hate to have to go back to infrared.

Brian

bkushner said:
Are both remotes on the 922 RF? I believe that tv1 is not and tv 2 is. If this is the case can you use the tv2 remote on tv1? I don't plan on using tv2 and I'd hate to have to go back to infrared.

Brian

I'm taking you mean 622, tv1 is IR, tv2 is UHF, tv2 romote will work tv1 but only when in single mode.

I was also having problems with my UHF remote while watching TV2 in the bedroom. I fixed my problem by attaching a 18" piece of coax to the RF antenna port, attaching a barrel connector to the other end and screwing on the antenna to that. This allowed me to place the antenna to the side of the 622 and gave me a lot of range. I don't know if I was experiencing interference with the antenna before but now it works fine in my bedroom that's about 50 feet away. This was a simple solution and it might help. Give it a try and report back with your results.

i did the same thing works great now still think there is something wrong with my remote because never had a problem with the one on my 811

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts