622 - Use 999 to advance guide

RobbinM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
I miss the ability to enter 168 to move forward one week in the guide. At some point 99 hours became the highest I could enter.

I just acidentally entered 999 and then the skip forward key. It accepted this and moved to the very end of the guide.

I guess skip forward 7 times isn't that many more key strokes than 999 >. But I thought I'd pass the tip along.

I believe software version L365 'broke' the skip-ahead feature, limiting it to (2) digits, i.e. "99" being the highest.

I believe software version L365 'broke' the skip-ahead feature, limiting it to (2) digits, i.e. "99" being the highest.

Correct. But it turns out it will take one 3 digit number: 999.

I didn't realize we had this option. I've gone ahead one show at a time for over a year now :(

I miss the ability to enter 168 to move forward one week in the guide. At some point 99 hours became the highest I could enter.

I just acidentally entered 999 and then the skip forward key. It accepted this and moved to the very end of the guide.

I guess skip forward 7 times isn't that many more key strokes than 999 >. But I thought I'd pass the tip along.

Thanks for the tip. I am still quite miffed that Dish made that change (I have a 625) because I used '168' all the time. I also used to move ahead using other 3 digit numbers, which is now impossible. Thanks a lot DISH.:confused:

Add me to the clueless list. I've been going a show at a time since signing up in May. This thread is a minor breakthrough for me. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)