622 VPI-Dual HD-Std Reciever - What is OS?

TechNet2009

Original poster
May 27, 2009
Chicago
Hello All,
I am a newbie to this forum so please excuse a not so simple question. I am looking for how to manage the recordings that were downloaded to both internal and external HD’s via the 622 VIP receiver by using either a Windows OS; Vista/XP, Server 2003/2008 OS or VIA Linux, Red-hat, Solaris ver. 10 OS.
I ask as not to hack OS, but need to protect receiver from hard crashes and or just failures and from external threats via the Internet. I would like to expand storage of existing library to use a Network Access Storage (NAS) device instead of using both locally Internal HD and attached External HD. My NAS devices are routinely backed up to another device and Firewalled off from Local and Internet networks.
I would prefer to be able to see via Windows network as system is getting a local IP currently but will build another device via OS of other types mentioned above, just need to know what is OS type to setup for and can this device be seen from a local SNMP / Public network.
Cheers,
Rich
TechNet2009

You can't "see" the 622's hard drive via networking. All you can do is back up your recordings to an external HDD that is directly attached to the 622. You could then off-load them further but in order to play them back, it has to be through the 622.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts