External HD on a 222K receiver

madailey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
SC
Since we're on this subject, does anyone have any experience attaching an external HD to a 222?

I know that it was suppose to have this ability, I even was told by a CSR at Dish that I could have them activate this feature on my 222 BUT was later told by Tech Support that the feature was no longer available because of software issues. Soooooo, has anyone had any luck getting an external hard drive to work on the 222.

I'd love to have the DVR function on the rare occasion and the 1080p on demand but I don't really think I'd use it enough to pay the DVR monthly fee.

Thanks, was just curious as I was told y the Dish CSR on a couple occasions when I asked that they could activate the feature on my 222 even after I asked them if they were sure. They insisted I could add one.

ok, so...What is the bargain price people are getting for the TurboHD Silver package with locals and a duel receiver with DVR. Would I have to pay for this upgrade of receiver from the VIP222 to a DVR receiver? I'm currently paying the 44.99 for the TurboHD Silver with locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)