622 vs. 722

dmmedina

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
South Texas
Hello all,

I'm planing to get an HD reciever. I always buy, never lease, so based on prices, I was looking into buying a 622. I want to know what are the differences between it an the 722, because price wise, is about 150 dollars more. Thanks for the input.

Hello all,

I always buy, never lease,
Start leasing. 99% of us do. It really makes no sense to own sat equipment anymore. Especially, if some worry wort's are correct (Tivo lawsuit), they get shut down.

Hello all,

I'm planing to get an HD reciever. I always buy, never lease, so based on prices, I was looking into buying a 622. I want to know what are the differences between it an the 722, because price wise, is about 150 dollars more. Thanks for the input.
Not sure where you found $ 150 diff. I find $79 and 622 is a referb. that holds 30 Hrs of HD 722 is 55 hrs. Also the 722 K has no OTA tinner but can get 2 OTA if added

I agree about the leasing, but to answer your original question: the biggest difference you will notice is 30 hrs vs 50 hrs of HD storage, silver vs black case. The software they run is, as far as I can tell, identical (I have one of each right now, both leased); there are hardware differences; but as an end-user, that is transparent to me.

The 722 has a newer chip set in it ,that will make the pq look a little sharper than the 622. The 722k has a newer chip set than the 722, which makes the pq look sharper. Each newer receiver has a newer chip set that makes the pq look a little better than it's predecessor. The 722 also has 30 hours more recording time than the 622 and is black. I have always bought my receivers rather than lease in the past, but I am seriously thinking of leasing the 922 when it comes out. I can't afford a $700.00 receiver anymore, which is the rumored price of the 922. If you don't mind a commitment with DISH , I would go ahead and lease the 722k, because it would be so much cheaper.

Thanks all, I will think about the lease but the issue for me is that I am "moved" and they told me on the phone they require an install for a leased HD reciever.

I looked online and under dish-n-up upgrades it shows me $75.00 to ship a dual tuner dvr (for the 722k). I have never leased a receiver from DISH except the old 522 for about 6 months. I then bought my first 622. I ought to call and see if they would want to install it or not. I "moved" too.

By the way you could always"move" home to get the install and then do the online chat to "move" back after they are done with the install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts