622DVR Losing All Audio

oiltrain

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Anyone else ever have problems with a 622DVR losing the audio? Seems my 622 on ocasion, since Oct '08 will lose the audio when I switch from a DVR recording I am watching back to regular TV channel. At first it was only losing the audio on the HD channels. I replaced my Sony 5300 series amp because there were know problems with Sony internal software. But now after using the new Sony 5400 amp I am having the same problems. Except this past weekend I lost ALL audio when I switched from a viewed DVR recording back to a TV channel. (Any channel ) After reset I only had audio on the Music channels , the 6000 channels. Calling DISH was no help. After resetting the receiver 5 times, including pulling the ac power cord on the receiver, unplugging the hdmi cabnle from back of TV I only could get audio on the SD channels. No audio on the HD channels. After turning off the receiver and letting it sit cold overnight I could then get audio on all channels. DISH can not seem to get a repair tech her for 8 days. I think the problem is in the receiver. Any one have any suggestions?:confused:

It has happened to me a couple of times with my 722. The hard reset you finally did has always worked for me. It's a computer. Shut off the power, aka Hard Reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)