625 and local HD signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

menelfloss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
I have decided to finally jump and get a Samsung Hd LCD. Currently running a pair of large Sony CRT's using a 625. Works great.
What happens when I hook up a HD set? I anticipate grabbing local HD signal from my antenna which has great reception now.

Eventually I will be replacing both Crt's with LCD HD sets this year. Have regular 7 year old coax running from the 625 to the other Tv sights throughout the house.

Any thoughts and recommendations?

Thanks,
Mike in Minneapolis

If you upgrade to HD service you will get a new receiver. It will output HD to ONE tv... and SD to the other. This won't be a bad thing until you actually get your second HD tv. then you'll want another receiver for that TV.

Wondering if a Sony or Samsung has prefered input setup for channels. For example, would I be able to program my local channels to use the antenna input but dish network non locals to use the dish input?

Also, if I get two "boxes" can they both still access the one DVR, or are they all DVR's now?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Mike

When you upgrade service, subscribe to locals through Dish (DVR Advantage is a good option and can save you a few dollars). By subscribing to locals through dish, when you connect your antenna to the HD DVR (622 or 722 models) you can then "scan locals" through the antenna. Now your antenna locals will show up in the guide along with any Dish locals, but the antenna ones will be a different color so you can tell the difference. This allows you to record your antenna locals on the DVR just as though they were delivered via satellite. Basically with a 622 or 722 receiver you will be able to record from each of the 2 satellite tuners PLUS the antenna tuner... so you can record 3 things at once AND while doing that you can watch something that you recorded earlier.

If you get a second "box" for the second HD TV you would probably be getting a regular receiver (not DVR) . There are ways to connect your HD DVR to that second TV and it really depends on how you use your system. You could also either just wait a while and then I think they'll let you get a second DVR, or you might be able to tell tehm you have 4 TVs (2 HD and 2 SD) and get 2 HD DVRs right from the get-go. Not sure on that.

Hey Cparker,
That sounds really cool!
Thanks so much for responding to my post,
Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts