625 - Combine TV-2 and local cable?

djordan1019

Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
My first post so please forgive if this has been asked a million times before...

We lost our distant networks and reluctanty had to get sucky local cable for our networks. I'm trying to combine the local cable with the TV-2 out. Dish says it can't be done. I'm getting a grainy Dish picture on channel 116 by combining the TV-2 out with the local cable using a a 2-way satellite splitter 5 - 2300 Mhz (DC pass both sides).

I've tried all kinds of splitters and diplexers and this is the best combination I've found and it's not the greatest.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks for the reply and link to the product; I really appreciate it.

This distant network issue has been a real pain in the neck.

I have this setup now. I had the Dish guy set it because I kept my local channels on cable for $8 (inlcudes some channels Dish doesn't offer like CBC and CTV). It is done with TV2 only. Not sure how he rigged it but it works.

I don't know if this will work for cable, but what I did was use a combiner witha dc pass through (you can get them on the internet for about 3$) for OTA. A combiner is a splitter used backwards (2 input, 1 output). Take the cable that goes to tv 2 into one input, your cable feed into the other, and one cable to your tv. Now as I said this works for OTA, I'm not sure if it will work for cable. Hope this helps!

Thanks to all for the information. I tried all sorts of splitters and diplexers without any real success. I ended up moving to an area that has the locals.

Another stange thing that I don't understand is that my TV-2 modulator is set for channel 60 but I recieve on the TV-2 on channel 116???

Again, thanks to all for the input.

tv2 modulator is set for channel 60 on AIR ur tv is set to cable
60 air = 116 cable such as 73 cable = 22 air
its doable if u only care about some of the channel
what u need to do is get a very good brand new low db splitter i like the blue on that says broadband on it
then u need to find a channel thats empty on ur cable company like lets say 77 it has to be clear snowy screen basicly what i would do is
let ur tv auto program and when u see it skip a channel thats the one u want setup ur 322 tv2 modulator to cable and then that channel also dont forget u will lose one channel on the low numbers between 22 and 69 in ur case i dont think it will interfere with ur locals
another solution is some cable guys have filters its a small part that goes in the middle of the line wich blocks certain channels u install it on the cable line before the splitter and then set ur tv2 modulator to one of those blocked channels make sure its installed before the splitter or tv2 from the 322 wil be block as well
u can find one here
http://www.smarthome.com/7822c.html its 39.99 but that is outragous
i would drive around until i see a timewarner van or whatever cable company u have and ask the guy for one he wont charge u for it
u can give him $5 for it its cool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts