This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

625 defective?

jmcn72

Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
I'm fairly new to Dish (2 months) but loving it. Have to say DVR is just an awesome feature!

I have the DVR625 which is great features wise and for ease of use. But I noticed that the drive was making a repetitive clicking noise - about every 5 seconds or so. It comes and goes without any regularity. You have to struggle to hear it but once you do it can be quite annoying especially during quieter parts of movies, etc.

So I called Tech Support and they sent out a replacement. That one was even worse. I got the clicking plus a whirring sound from the drive just before the click (if that makes sense).

I'm now on my 2nd replacement which still makes the sound but it's quieter than my original unit so I'll live with it - tired of all the disconnect/reconnecting and running to UPS to ship these units back.

It's probably more pronounced too since I don't have the unit in a cabinet, but it is annoying once you start focusing/obsessing on it.

Anyone else notice this?

The replacements you get must be refurbs in which are more likely to experience issues although if this is not a common issue with these receivers then maybe its the carrier being rough on them.