625 Issues

rstark18

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 29, 2007
My Mom has a 625 and she called me and said:
her guide only shows until Thur (2 days)
She can't access her DVR
Can't pause or rewind.
I had her pull the power cord for a few minutes which didn't resolve it.
Sh can watch live TV though.
Any ideas on what is going on?

I couldn't say for sure. These steps can force the guide to update. If it doesn't the receiver probably will need to be replaced.

upload_2017-3-21_20-31-31.png

upload_2017-3-21_20-32-12.png

upload_2017-3-21_20-33-2.png

Why would she get 2 days of programming if it was dead?

I think, but don't know, that the 9-day guide is stored on disk, and that disk is dead. This also explains why she can't use trick play, nor access her past recordings.

Reactions: dishdude
I think, but don't know, that the 9-day guide is stored on disk, and that disk is dead. This also explains why she can't use trick play, nor access her past recordings.

Yep! That's exactly it. All the non-DVR receivers had a 2 day guide stored in memory, the DVR receivers eventually extended that to 7 and 9 using the HD to store it.

Reactions: TheKrell
yep sounds like the 625 needs to be replaced and should be upgraded to dvr receivers that are now only hd like the vip 722k or hopper with sling or hopper 3 and 4k joeys so that means she will have to call dish or get with the dish dirt team on this forum tomorrow morning and to see what it will cost for her to do the upgrade and plus the upgrade will have to require a new dish to be repointed because of the hybrid lnb since locals are on the eastern arc just to give you a tip if anyone knows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)