625 Dying

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Had problems with my 625 last couple of days. Comes up with dianostics screen and says should take up to 10 min. Wait 15 and still nothing. Do soft reboot and green light comes on for about 15 secs and goes back off. Tonight it had unplug for 1 minute and plug back in. Finally after doing several softboots it comes up to transponder screen and does 5 of 5 steps and starts working.

Called tech support and they said they would send replacement for $15 shipping. Asked what it would cost to replace with 722 and he said $500 and something. I said I would call back. Got it working for right now but sure it is going to do the same thing again. What to do?

Had problems with my 625 last couple of days. Comes up with dianostics screen and says should take up to 10 min. Wait 15 and still nothing. Do soft reboot and green light comes on for about 15 secs and goes back off. Tonight it had unplug for 1 minute and plug back in. Finally after doing several softboots it comes up to transponder screen and does 5 of 5 steps and starts working.

Called tech support and they said they would send replacement for $15 shipping. Asked what it would cost to replace with 722 and he said $500 and something. I said I would call back. Got it working for right now but sure it is going to do the same thing again. What to do?
My 625 did that last week after I turned it on around 6am. I think this is a software update issue. It took about 30 minutes to finish. I believe you should have just left it alone. I haven't had a problem since. 500 dollors for an upgrade to a 722 is bs. You can buy one from the Dishstore for 399.

Mine did similar stuff (kept getting stuck on the downloading guide info screen, and resolved after a week or so (no problems since).

As for the $500, you might want to ask about a Dishin' It Up to the 722 (will lock you into a 2 year contract, and will be a leased receiver), should be cheaper, unless you have signed up with Dish or have recently (within last 12 months) upgraded a receiver.

Geoff

I have one 722 all ready. He said since I all ready had one I would have to purchase the other. It is a bedroom reciever and dont have hd yet, just though if I had to replace reciever I would go ahead and get the 722 now. If the system integrity check is back on tonight I will just let it go. Maybe bugs will work thier way out.

Just read the Dish dish it up. You are only allowed one upgrade per 12 months. If I had known that I would of got two 722's at the same time.

Last edited:
Try getting the DHPP when the 625 needs replacement free shipping and cancel after replacement should be less than the $15 shipping charge.

I going to have to replace reciever. Got home tonight and the power off screen on again. Tried several attempts to get reciever going. Hard drive sounded like it was cycling on and off. Tapped side of reciever and it quit. After several more attempts final got it to boot but DVR funtions did not work. After a few more attempts it started working. Thought about opening and looking for bad connection but not sure if it has seals in place to tell if unit was opened. Would stll like to replace with 722 but since under contract dont have any leverage.

I had recently hooked the 722 to the internet and also still have the phone attached. Is there any way this could affect the other reciever? I looked under the diaqnostic menu and it had a lot of stuff under counters. I did the send and it sent it to the dish server.

Last edited:
Be glad they're going to mail you a replacement...gave me no choice but to have an installer come with a replacement. They signed me up with DHPP (which I cancelled soon after), but still cost me close to $40 for the replacement (original 625 was only 9+ months old)

May have problem fixed. Called tech again and had me look at point dish. 129 was showing up red. Selected super dish and check switch and so far so good. Should of thought about looking at that myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts