625 help needed..........has anyone been able to do this???

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
I want to combine the rf feed of tv2 (since it is stereo) AND ota feed into a single coax to be distributed to other tvs in the house. I presently am doing this with a 508 and a signal combiner that outputs the satellite programming on channel 4 (since I have a local on channel 3). Will my current signal combiner work or will I have to find something different? I have tried talking to technical help at Dish, Parts Express & others with some saying yes it will work & others saying it won't.

If you want as an example to receive into TV2 your signal from the #625 satellite receiver on lets say channel 60, and take a feed from TV2's rf output on channel 4 , put that rf feed into a combiner along with an ota mix of channels and send it to other tv's, yes it will work.
Bear in mind that the 3rd, 4th and so on tv's will have to watch from the #625 receiver whatever the #625 receiver (TV2) is watching. Those other tv's will be able to watch different ota channels .

I have tuner one on ch4 and tuner 2 on ch60 run into a combiner that runs into a channel master amp, then the amp output is combined with the OTA and distributed to all the extra tv's. This allowed me to give the rf outputs a boost without affecting the OTA signals. All the extra tv's can acces the OTA or ch 4 or ch60. They all look good with no interference.

you can combine the tv2 output and an OTA signal through a splitter backwards, just change the tv2 output to a high enough channel that it doesn't interfer with the antenna channels... it may take some playing around with different channels to get it right...

osu1991 said:
I have tuner one on ch4 and tuner 2 on ch60 run into a combiner that runs into a channel master amp, then the amp output is combined with the OTA and distributed to all the extra tv's. This allowed me to give the rf outputs a boost without affecting the OTA signals. All the extra tv's can acces the OTA or ch 4 or ch60. They all look good with no interference.

What channel master amp are you using? What are you using to combine the ota feed & the "amped" satellite feeds?

I don't remember the model number,its a couple of years old. It is in the back of my media closet. It is actually more than I need for this, it has eight outputs and one input.I just used a 2 ghz splitter turned backwards to combine the two signals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)