625 Installation help

MAA1218

Original poster
Nov 21, 2005
We are getting ready to do an upgrade to the 625 from the 510. We are wondering how hard it is to install this ourselves. We currently have Dish 500 with Dual LNBF legacy maybe? and a SW21 switch. Will we need a different switch? And is it just a matter of getting another coax out to the switch from the receiver? We would really like to do this ourselves and not have to worry about being here for an installer if at all possible. Thanks so much!

The easiest way to install the 625 would be to replace your legacy twin LNBF with a Dish Pro Plus (DPP) Twin LNBF. That way you can just run one cable to where the 625 will be at and then use a DPP seperator to split it into the two inputs on the 625. If you're having Dish do this though good luck. They typically do not mail these receivers out and have the technician bring the receiver along when the install is scheduled.

My uncle installs dish.. I went with him a couple of days.. at first its really hard.. I didnt get a thing... If I wouldnt have gone installing with my uncle I wouldnt have ever been able to install it.. I have a 625 and I installed it myself since I had enough experience.

nsafreak is correct. If you do not wish to run an additional line into the location of the 625 then a Dish Pro Plus twin with a seperator is what you want. How many receivers will you have in your system? Important to know this, as you may also need to purchase the Dish Pro Plus 44 switch if you will have more than two receivers. There are several ways to configure this upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)