625: Only 1 tuner passes DD5.1?

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Dear friends,
While at my uncle's I was having to reset things for his new mega-big Sony LCD and his home theater. Then I came across something very strange with his 625: While in single mode I noticed that if both tuners are tuned to the very same channel , for this example, Showtime East, one tuner passes the DD5.1, but when it is swapped to the other tuner, it passes audio that results in Dolby Pro Logic--NOT DD5.1. Keep in mind the audio system does NOT change, only the tuner (single mode swap and when manually changed to the channel) outputting to the sound system. I conducted the experiment several times and confirmed this.

Has anyone heard of this? Can someone experiment and confirm this. It happened about 2 weeks ago, perhaps it works properly by now. Any enlightenment on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have the 625, but I use it in dual mode..........only tuner 1 passes the DD 5.1 signal. Or should I say passed.........for the past several weeks, I have not been able to find anything on Showtime or Starz that is being broadcast in DD 5.1 according to the program guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts