625 Problems - help needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Briant73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Pennsylvania
Just the other week I upgraded from a 508 to a 625 and dish 1000 system.

Since then I noticed sound and pixelation issues in all my recordings. Dish recommended I delete each recording individually and run the reset procedure after each deletion.

Any other ideas, this thing is brand new and I shudder at the thought of a dish reman unit since I already had 3 508s all reman and all had problems.

Thanks

Briant73 said:
...Dish recommended I delete each recording individually and run the reset procedure after each deletion.

Sounds like you got a tech that wanted to take a smoke break. In the PC helpdesk world you got fed the equivalent of "defragment your hard drive". Functionally it accomplishes nothing but keeping the user from calling back for at least three or four hours.

'Pixellation' and audio dropouts in recordings is a known issue with these boxes, and has been for some time. Also, your fear of getting a reman unit is probably already realized, I got a reman unit as a new DHA subscriber. I know it is a reman because the hard drive warranty sticker is obviously the second or third one to have been applied.

I noticed the same problems with my 625. I have just had it for about a week now so I haven't had time to check all recordings on tv1 and tv2 yet, but it is already annoying the heck outta me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)