625 up grade

dcsbass

Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
:eek: I had dish up grade me from old system. I was asleep when they installed. I work 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM. But I pulled four 16 hrs days in a row. Thats why I was asleep...
I awoke to find a 625 DVR, two chanel user. I was expecting a unit for my other room and DVR for living room. My question is there any units out there, that I can hook up to other room so kids could have a dvr and tunner, or just a tunner? If so models please? If I do will Dish charge a extra fee? Do they need a special card? :eek:
Thank You for your help.

:confused:David C Sr:D

cbass74429@gmail.com

Let me see if I got this straight. You currently have 2 rooms connected, and you wish to add on a third? Whether it be a standard receiver...or a DVR.

If that's a case, then it should be fairly simple. Your best bet is to call Dish schedule an appointment for the upgrade.

I'm not adding a third room. I thought there would be two(2) recievers and one (1) DVR. Just would like to add a dvr or reciever to the second room. I've seen lots on ebay. Just want to know what works and if anything will cost extra?
Thanks For Reply David C Sr.

The standard install for two rooms with a DVR is a 625. The 625 outputs to two rooms and both rooms can record and playback from the DVR. This is probably sufficient for what you're wanting, once you understand how it all works. In "dual" mode, each room has access to one of the tuners and can playback any available DVR events. "single" mode is a more advanced mode that dedicates both tuners to the same room, allowing you to record and watch 2 different things at the same time, and use the PIP function.

To add another receiver in the 2nd room will cost you an additional $5 monthly, or $11 if it's a DVR. If you do this, then it's two independent receivers, you can't watch recorded stuff on one DVR from the other one in that case.

Man I am confused. How televisions did you want hooked up? Right now you have a 625 dual tuner receiver which means you have 2 tuners with DVR that are hooked up to 2 televisions. If you want a third tv then you would need another receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)