6412 Demand?

tvrobert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
I strolled into the local Mediacom office to get a second 6412 for my home and was told they only allow one 6412 per household. Wahh? I asked why and the lady said it was because of demand--that a lot of companies use them, and that there's a waiting list for them, and that they're really expensive, and yadda yadda yadda.

I know there are few Mediacom cable customers here, but for those with different providers that use the 6412, have you tried to get (or do you have) a second or third 6412 in your home? Or have you been told the same line of crud?

(I would have been happy to just get the HD and digital channels added to a second set and had to settle for a digital only STB--no HD).

Both my providers here use SA8300HDs. But I have 2 currently and have had 4 a one time. Some Moto areas have no restrictions while others seem to. But I have not heard of any lately haveing one. They did when the 6412s first came out. Your area must just be short for some reason.

We have Insight here & they use the PIII 6412, which have not been out that long.
But, I know several people that got TWO installed in their homes with NO problems getting them - and this was several months ago.

Mediacom is probably just too cheap to keep enough in stock... :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)