65MU8000 and 4K

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FLASAT007

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I just purchased the above tv and will receive it in a week. I have the genie dvr and signed up about 6 weeks ago for Service. Can someone confirm that I won’t get 4K picture and I would need the genie 2?
If that’s the case, how does one get the genie 2 since they wouldn’t give it to new customers and the tech said I’d have to wait 6+ months?

Thanks

I just purchased the above tv and will receive it in a week. I have the genie dvr and signed up about 6 weeks ago for Service. Can someone confirm that I won’t get 4K picture and I would need the genie 2?
If that’s the case, how does one get the genie 2 since they wouldn’t give it to new customers and the tech said I’d have to wait 6+ months?

Thanks
You CAN get 4k with the Genie HR54 as well, but you need a C61-k (someone correct the model number if I have it incorrect its a C61 ...) as well, that is the device that actually handles the 4k ... so put the client at the 4k TV.

Btw, nice choice on TVs . :bounce

You CAN get 4k with the Genie HR54 as well, but you need a C61-k (someone correct the model number if I have it incorrect its a C61 ...) as well, that is the device that actually handles the 4k ... so put the client at the 4k TV.

Btw, nice choice on TVs . :bounce

I have the hr54 setup in my livingroom where the new Samsung will go. From what you are saying I have to move the hr54 to another room but my other rooms have the c51-500.

I have the hr54 setup in my livingroom where the new Samsung will go. From what you are saying I have to move the hr54 to another room but my other rooms have the c51-500.

In addition the new Samsung is directv ready but from reading I would have to have a service call and then pay $7 as an additional receiver and my clients are free from my promotion installation package so I can’t do that.

Theres only 1 client that does 4K, so you'll want to swap one out if needed.
The new Client will have to go in the room the 4k TV is in.

Someone else will have to answer this, but is RVU 4k capable ?
I don't think it is, but maybe that could be address with software updates to the TV's.

NO you don't have to re locate the HR54 - Just hook up a C61K to the 4K HDMI and then when you want to watch 4K turn on the C61K with the remote and switch the TV input to HDMI port the c61k is connected too.

Or Use the RVU built in and Switch TV inputs when using that.

NO you don't have to re locate the HR54 - Just hook up a C61K to the 4K HDMI and then when you want to watch 4K turn on the C61K with the remote and switch the TV input to HDMI port the c61k is connected too.

Sounds like a good process. I still have to pay $$$ for a tech to come onsite and either install RVU or the C61K and I assume for the C61K they would charge me $99 for it I assume ?

Question why would I get a C61K if I have RVU capabilities? What do they charge to set that up since I read a tech has to come out and what happens if the 4K is not near a wired internet connection?

Sounds like a good process. I still have to pay $$$ for a tech to come onsite and either install RVU or the C61K and I assume for the C61K they would charge me $99 for it I assume ?

Question why would I get a C61K if I have RVU capabilities? What do they charge to set that up since I read a tech has to come out and what happens if the 4K is not near a wired internet connection?

The Monthly Charge for a RVU TV or A c61K is $7 a Month- Your TV RVU firmware Software is Controlled by (in your Case) Samsung - meaning after the this years Samsung TV - will no longer get firmware updates as soon as the 2018 models appear. - The C61K will Get Ongoing updates from D* - change your TV -unplug the Hdmi cord - Change the RVU tv and then you have to deactivate the Old and re-activate the New TV - And Doing that with the current customer service and or getting a Service call either way.

True a C61K upfront Lease fee is $99 - if you have a Spare RG6 at your Hr54 location order one from Solid Signal when you get it call them and they can work with in your D* account and get it activated with NO additional service charge.

Now if you need a Cable Added by all means get a service call - It's your choice as how you want to go - I have a C61K and it's just easier for me to work using the d*remote rather that needing the TV remote on the table as well.

When you ordered your Service DID you order 4K ? if so they may be bringing it with them - If you just bought the 4k tv Call and Change your order to include 4K and they will install a RB lnb as well.

You can use RVU for 4k, but the tv firmware may never get updated, the C61k will.

I guess thats another option ...
I hadn't considered changing inputs ...
What a poor idea D* came up with then they started that set up.

As already point out above, that idea will cost an extra $7/month, though. This is the monetary benefit of the HS17. The server doesn't count as a receiver for billing purposes.

FWIW, I'm quite pleased with the HS17/C61K combo. And yes, I have the latest GUI.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)