6ft C-band Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't even bother with a 6ft dish if you plan on getting c-band signal, it isn't 2 degree compliant, and it can hardly receive many of the newer signals. I guarantee you'll regret it within a month, probably sooner. It's just as much trouble to install as a larger dish. Bare minimum, you want an 8ft dish. 10ft is really the true minimum if you can fit one in at your property.

Tek2000 sells new [Chinese] mesh dishes from 6' to 13' I believe. I bought a 10' dish a few years ago. Quality is much better and they are about the only source for new consumer grade dishes nowadays.

I know it is hard to even find Dealers anymore. Would like to get a 6ft Black Wire Mesh Dish.
Not sure how good it would work in my area.
I have a 8 ft and a 10 ft I also live so Oregon our sat signals should be about the same. My 10 ft will bring a lot UHD and weak signal that the 8 ft will not pick up . 6 ft is not a good choice for cband. A good budget
set up a 1.2m or 90 cm and a
cband.feed.

As you see, I do have the Geosat 90 cm, most likely going to Sacramento area and pick up a Geosat 1.2 with ku lnbf. Not sure what birds I can pick up here in Calif.

The sats I view a lot on KU 91W NBC WILD FEEDS and sports , 95W 12 music channels. 97W 120 ch. Smile.,JUC TV.. international news Movies. 103W NBC Broadcast and wild feeds COZI TV, RT other news feeds. 125W PBS

The Moteck really isn't beefy enough for a 1.2M dish. When I got my 1.2M dish I tried the Motek first but when you got to either end of the arc it really struggled to pull the dish back up again.

Bryan, was just looking at specs, on my MOTECK SG2100, says maximum 1.2 dish diameter. Or does depend on weight of dish?

While you can fit that size dish, it's the wind load that really causes issues. Wind at even a few miles an hour blowing directly against the dish, can cause gear-stripping. So, while you might be able to use this motor, it'll probably wear out quickly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)