6ft C-band Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The sats I view a lot on KU 91W NBC WILD FEEDS and sports , 95W 12 music channels. 97W 120 ch. Smile.,JUC TV.. international news Movies. 103W NBC Broadcast and wild feeds COZI TV, RT other news feeds. 125W PBS

Don't forget 99... lots of activity there every day (if you have a 1.2m dish)

While you can fit that size dish, it's the wind load that really causes issues. Wind at even a few miles an hour blowing directly against the dish, can cause gear-stripping. So, while you might be able to use this motor, it'll probably wear out quickly.
You are right about the Wind. As I type this, we are having rain with Strong winds. Thanks for your Professional input.

This discussion has spawned some thoughts; is it worth replacing a 39 inch (1m) dish with a 48 (1.2m) dish? Seems like a 1.2m will give you the advantage of better wild feed reception. Are wild feed signals generally weaker than others?

Oh, mr. crane, I erected a 6 foot C band stationary dish a few years back and it brought in only 2 satellites, 91W and 99W. Of those two satellites, only the strongest transponders were received. It was a disappointment but a fun project though.

This discussion has spawned some thoughts; is it worth replacing a 39 inch (1m) dish with a 48 (1.2m) dish? Seems like a 1.2m will give you the advantage of better wild feed reception. Are wild feed signals generally weaker than others?

Oh, mr. crane, I erected a 6 foot C band stationary dish a few years back and it brought in only 2 satellites, 91W and 99W. Of those two satellites, only the strongest transponders were received. It was a disappointment but a fun project though.

In my opinion, a 1.2m will always be better, but not always necessary. If 99 is your target, then absolutely get a 1.2.

Reactions: IntelPennny4
if it matters for the record i use to use a 1.8m dish for KU and it work ok but not much that im into on KU so took it down. but bigger is always better (SOMETIMES) HAHAHA

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts