7.00 Reciever Lease Fee

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bryantcombs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I already have a 622 installed and I recently upgraded a 322 to a 722. I paid the fee to have it installed and when I did I committed to two more years of programming and I was told that I would be charged an extra dvr fee. That is fine, actually what I expected, but now I am also being charged for a 7.00 lease fee. I was never told about this and I spoke with dish by chat on the website and they said the only way to get rid of it is to disable the new 722. Of course I dont want to do that, do you guys have any advice. Just for the record I have dvr advantage at250 hbo cinemax and dish hd essentials.

Get this crap...

I had a 622/211 that I own. When I received my 2nd 211 (which I own)...and added it to my bill, I now get charged $7 for each 211 when I never was charged before. I hate Dish's fee's!

yeah same as me, i told that to get the reciever for what i paid for it i would have to committ to 2 years and then pay the extra 5.98 for the dvr fee, nothing about 7.00 lease fee.

update i just dont done chatting AGAIN and got it waived so there are some csr out there that can do their job

I already have a 622 installed and I recently upgraded a 322 to a 722. I paid the fee to have it installed and when I did I committed to two more years of programming and I was told that I would be charged an extra dvr fee. That is fine, actually what I expected, but now I am also being charged for a 7.00 lease fee. I was never told about this and I spoke with dish by chat on the website and they said the only way to get rid of it is to disable the new 722. Of course I dont want to do that, do you guys have any advice. Just for the record I have dvr advantage at250 hbo cinemax and dish hd essentials.

lease fee = additional receiver fee. So you will you two boxes, correct? Since the first one is included with the account, you will pay one $7.00 fee. I assume you will plug them to phone line/broadband connection. I wonder if the waiver you got is permanent or it's just one time for this month.

You are just being cheap, Bryant. You expect to lease a receiver and not pay any fee for using a second receiver. If you purchased the second receiver it would have cost you a lot more money and you would be paying the additional receiver fee.. How would you like it if you had to pay programing fees for both receivers. When I had cable, that is what they tried to do to me. $7 bucks a month for however many channels they give you plus OTA should you have it hooked up is very reasonalbe. Dish makes their money on the programing, your second receiver is not adding to it.

Note: if you would research the fees listed on the forms and on the website, the fees are clearly listed. Just because the csr did not tell you does not mean you do not owe it. Guess you didn't read the upgrade forms either, as all the fees are listed there.

Your 322 if it was the second receiver on your account should have had a $5 lease fee upgrading to the 722 changed from SD to HD which has a $2 higher lease fee. That part of your bill should have actually changed by that $2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)