7/1/2009 1:59pm - Uplink Activity Report - 59 changes

6520(50) - WOAY [MPEG2 SD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 14 ConUS beam (NA)(Oak Hill, WV-ABC)
6521(59) - WVNS [MPEG2 SD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 14 ConUS beam (NA)(Lewisburg, WV-CBS)
6522(46) - WVVA [MPEG2 SD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 14 ConUS beam (NA)(Bluefield, WV-NBC)
6523(8) - WVNSD [MPEG2 SD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 14 ConUS beam (NA)(Lewisburg, WV-CBS)
6524(14) - WLFB [MPEG2 SD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 14 ConUS beam (NA)(Bluefield, WV-N/A)
6525(53) - WSWP [MPEG2 SD] added to Anik F3 118.7W TP 14 ConUS beam (NA)(Grandview, WV-PBS)

i just cant really beleive that they have the bluefield/ beckley locals coming. this truly makes me even happier to be a dish customer. now if they would just lite them up, and i get the correct dish i'll be good to go.

but one question i see thaat they have 2 wvns's on the report. i wonder if the 2nd wvns would be the sub channel fox they have. since they both go by the same call letter

Their licensed city is Storm Lake, IA by the FCC.

TV Query Results -- Video Division (FCC) USA

Actually, this is the correct link: TV Query Results -- Video Division (FCC) USA.

The licensed city is Lincoln, NE, and if you look in the history, ALTC Group Search Results, you can see that it used to be KCWL (and KOWH before that).

Not sure why KCWL-LP is listed in Storm Lake, but this is the station that Dish is referring to in the uplink report, not the one in Storm Lake.

Don't know where in DE you live, but some of northern DE is in a PA DMA, perhaps you could "move" a little further north :)

Thats what I did. wink wink But when I'm watching the news, its nothing about my area and I really love when they show a weather map of the area, it cuts me off! They have no problem showing Canada on the map, but as for southern Delaware.... they cut it off!

]i just cant really beleive that they have the bluefield/ beckley locals coming. this truly makes me even happier to be a dish customer. now if they would just lite them up, and i get the correct dish i'll be good to go.

but one question i see thaat they have 2 wvns's on the report. i wonder if the 2nd wvns would be the sub channel fox they have. since they both go by the same call letter

correct...the one that has the D on the end is usually a subchannel...in your case Fox
Also looks like they are going to map it to the digital channel (8)

thanks for the info on that iceberg. i just didnt understand how it really worked

-------------
now i just ordered me some club dish cards. now when they lite them up i'm going to start handing these things out to me friends and family and neighbors. if i can get up to 5 refered i can sav $25 off my bill for 10 ten months. which would be so kewl

thanks for the info on that iceberg. i just didnt understand how it really worked

no worries. With more stations doing that we'll be seeing that more
Any subchannel that is added will have the original stations callsign with a "D" at the end. I dont know what they'll do if a station has more than one subchannel that DIsh carries