7/1/2010 6:05pm - Uplink Activity Report - 1 change

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 7/1/2010 6:05pm - 1 change

Uplink Comparison Range: 07/01/2010 05:44P - 07/01/2010 06:04P

Channel Moves:
391 - HDNMV [MPEG2 SD] moved from EchoStar14 119W TP 11 ConUS beam to EchoStar14 119W TP 16 ConUS beam (NA)(HD Net Movies)

Channels in the system: 7428
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

The Format and Layout of the SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is © Copyright 2010 SatelliteGuys.US and may not be republished without written permission from SatelliteGuys.US.

The SatelliteGuys Uplink Report is powered by Digiblur Technologies! - DigiDish v10.06.01

© 2010 - All Rights Reserved - SatelliteGuys Incorporated

I think it's great for people who don't have hd who want to watch what's on but I do think every thing should be in hd and let the receiver fit it to the tv if u don't have hd

Its just for a free preview in an attempt to get more people to sign up for HD and the Platinum HD package.

But yes I agree this company does seem to be taking quite a few steps back lately.

Well I for one being an SD subscriber like these previews,but so far have not seen anything yet that would make me want to go HD.I had HDNet and HDNet Movies when i was with DirecTV for awhile when I had a HR10-250(DirecTivo) and D* HD was MPEG2.It has some interesting programming,but again nothing I couldn't do without. Having America's Everything Package it's hard to think of any additions that really could improve it for me it's pretty complete for $99.99.:)

Maybe HBO Zone in MPEG2 SD since I pay for that package or PBS Sprout in MPEG2 SD,but that's about it for me.;)

The problem with this channel will be it is downconverted before uplinking. :(

yep, that's the problem. Palladia is in free preview or something and I have a 625 so it only does SD. The Palladia SD channel downconversion is pretty bad, IMHO. I wish their downconverter was as good as the one built into my FTA receiver - maybe dish should have built that into their receivers instead of doing it in cheyenne or whatever and putting it through another generation of compression. For instance, if you have Palladia in your SD package, tune the Palladia HD channel, process it in your receiver directly to 480i, then output it through composite or SVIDEO to your TV.

The HD receivers do that, we just need the people to get rid of the SD receivers so we can get rid of the SD channels.

Or Dish can replace all the SD receivers and go to mpeg4 on all channels. Eastern arc is already that way, now we have to get western arc moving along.