7/28/2010 3:26pm - Uplink Activity Report - 74 changes

Anyone know what's up wih international channels I thought the would mirror them on both 61.5 for eastcoast, and 118.7 for westcoast. They added a channel last week but only on 118.7, that's no good if your on eastern arc

do u have a source?

Morning Ticker: Will Time Warner shut off ESPN? - The Buzz: Business news - Capital Region business, industry news - timesunion.com - Albany NY

ESPN's already put up a web site on alternative sources. (Note how Dish isn't one of the alternative sources. Uh-oh.)

I Have Choices - As fans of ESPN and ABC, you should know the facts

I remember when the local TWC affiliate and our local NBC affiliate got into a tiff both of them ran different sites saying how to get NBC content w/o TWC. TWC said download content from the 'net. Our local affiliate said get it OTA, from Dish, Direct or U-verse.

Anyone know what's up wih international channels I thought the would mirror them on both 61.5 for eastcoast, and 118.7 for westcoast. They added a channel last week but only on 118.7, that's no good if your on eastern arc
118.7 isn't for West Coast - 118.7 is where currently most of the international channels live.

I've never threatened to leave Dish for anything they have ever done. I've never complained once about price increases or the losing of other channels. But if I lose my ESPN-HD, that would probably seal the deal. Especially with College Football just around the corner.

I agree. Got to have my college football & basketball.

I wouldn't worry about losing the main ESPN / DISNEY channels on DISH anytime soon. I have heard from a few people that those channels still have a few years left on their contract.

Since when does Dish give a hoot about not pulling channels when a contract is in place? We were supposed to have Voom for 15 years but they only lasted for 2.

I would love to see ALL providers dump ALL of the ESPN / DISNEY channels ALL at the same time. We CAN hold them for ransom just the same way they do to ALL of us now! What can they do? Sue everyone?

I think the plan is to eventually get them on EA someday. There are a number of them uplinked but not available on the 77° satellite. Check the list.

And there you have it. Post number 1000.

Since when does Dish give a hoot about not pulling channels when a contract is in place? We were supposed to have Voom for 15 years but they only lasted for 2.
Thats because DISH believed VOOM was in violation of their contract. In fact DISH wanted to keep 5 VOOM channels but VOOM made them take them down and said DISh must carry them all or nothing.

I would love to see ALL providers dump ALL of the ESPN / DISNEY channels ALL at the same time. We CAN hold them for ransom just the same way they do to ALL of us now! What can they do? Sue everyone?
I would like to see it too, but it wont happen unfortunately.

And there you have it. Post number 1000.
Congrats. :)

Now that Echostar 14 is in place, it would not surprise me to see sometime in the future internationals on Eastern Arc.

Good idea:up.

Dish should turn Disney/ESPN into premium channels. Drop the costs of almost all packages and let people who want Disney/ESPN add it back. After all Dish says in a recent press release that "We believe that our customers should be the ones who decide what they want to watch on TV and how they want to watch it." Time to put up, or shut up, Charlie :eek:

Talon Dancer
It a magical world that would be great, but in reality there are contracts in place that prevent them from doing that.

Morning Ticker: Will Time Warner shut off ESPN? - The Buzz: Business news - Capital Region business, industry news - timesunion.com - Albany NY

ESPN's already put up a web site on alternative sources. (Note how Dish isn't one of the alternative sources. Uh-oh.)

I Have Choices - As fans of ESPN and ABC, you should know the facts

I remember when the local TWC affiliate and our local NBC affiliate got into a tiff both of them ran different sites saying how to get NBC content w/o TWC. TWC said download content from the 'net. Our local affiliate said get it OTA, from Dish, Direct or U-verse.

I doubt very much TWC will pull ESPN at the first of September. They might as well commit suicide if that is the case. No Football from ESPN or NFL Network, will result in a huge Churn Rate and DTV would gain 90% of subs in NY, whereas they would have ESPN, MSG, MLB and YES; all in HD, and not avaiable on TWC except for MSG,

No ESPNU HD again!??!? DAMNIT!!!

Ugg... I've still yet to complain about the missing HD channels so far but I think its time to light up the chat.

Now, if Dish gets anywhere near to pulling my ESPN HD channels and killing my College Football viewing I'll be one of the first to jump ship!! With the amount of subs they have its unlikely they will since not only Dish but ESPN stands to lose a major major amount of money just after a big new batch of contracts with conferences just went out such as the ACC coverage signing.

This may be daughters favorite new channel. She saw me looking at the post and a picture of Strawberry Shortcake on the ad and went crazy. Big Strawberry fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)