7/7/2010 2:36pm - Uplink Activity Report - 79 changes

At least the few additional HD markets should be activated anytime now. I figured they would have fired them up by July 1.

The STELA bill says "all new HD markets added must include all PBS in HD" period, full stop.

So, if Dish is challenging the 50% PBS in HD additions by the end of 2010, then they would want to wait on adding any new HD markets...

Also note that STELA provides for cancelation of the PBS requirements if Dish and PBS come to an agreement by August 6th - so the lawsuit and the failure to add new markets with PBS in HD may be "poker chips"...

Could not care one bit about Cooking HD. I want the Disney channels back in HD but until then I still refuse to watch them in cruddy SD.

Also Epix is still on 380 are they moving it yet again. Still makes sense to put them around 295 since it is next to HBO which is also a Premium network.

The STELA bill says "all new HD markets added must include all PBS in HD" period, full stop.

So, if Dish is challenging the 50% PBS in HD additions by the end of 2010, then they would want to wait on adding any new HD markets...

Also note that STELA provides for cancelation of the PBS requirements if Dish and PBS come to an agreement by August 6th - so the lawsuit and the failure to add new markets with PBS in HD may be "poker chips"...

getting tired of this, always something going on with Dish, funny Shreveport HD is on DTV for over a year now

What is going on with ID and Nat Geo Wild? Does anybody have those in HD?

I don't with 61.5/110/119.

(And yes, I have the SDs)

Last edited:
Depending on your package you are probably missing quite a few of the new HD channels. They are located on 72 and 129. 110/119/61.5 is no longer a supported setup. You need to go to a Dish1000 or Dish1000.4

Depending on your package you are probably missing quite a few of the new HD channels. They are located on 72 and 129. 110/119/61.5 is no longer a supported setup. You need to go to a Dish1000 or Dish1000.4

Was it supported in late February? This system was installed then.

I currently have two Dish 500s, one with two LNBs @ 110 and 119 and a DISH 500 with a single LNB @ 61.5.

Will they upgrade for free other than the $15 service call?

EDIT: They are doing the upgrade for $15. They will replace the two dishes I have now with a single one looking at 61.5, 72.7 and 77.

Last edited:
Will they upgrade for free other than the $15 service call?

Supposedly yes.

EDIT: They are doing the upgrade for $15. They will replace the two dishes I have now with a single one looking at 61.5, 72.7 and 77.

Yep. I hope you have good results with it. I have 110/119/61.5/72.7 instead. The 1000.4 dish hasn't been a real award winner for me in the center part of the state but it seems to do the job for people west and south.