7/9/2009 2:14am - Uplink Activity Report - 91 changes

If I get some more requests I'll add them later. I don't use the dumb virtual mapping so I never thought about adding them.... at least they give us the choice unlike all the OTA tuners and their dumb virtual mapping.

Digi
It looks like from recent reports (quick observation) when a channel becomes available on the report it shows the "mapdown" position if someone wants to have their receiver that way

How come there is a beam covering Cuba?

Future expansion ;) Just because that uplink beam is tied to two separate downlink beams does not mean they have to turn on the transmitter over Cuba.

The Alaska/Hawaii beams are done the same way on E10 as the Cuba/PR beams are.

The beautiful Island of Puerto Rico US Territory where you can always go to a beach any time of the year! And cold ones and nice BBQ!:) And Beautiful Women!
See -- that's why Dish made PR wait so long for more/better HD. You guys have been spending too much time at the beach drinking cold ones, eating BBQ and ooging the women that they didn't think you wanted to waste time watching HD TV :eek: :D

Talon Dancer

See -- that's why Dish made PR wait so long for more/better HD. You guys have been spending too much time at the beach drinking cold ones, eating BBQ and ooging the women that they didn't think you wanted to waste time watching HD TV :eek: :D

Talon Dancer

That's right Talon we do appreciate the art of hard Work and all of the nice curves and cold ones! And The new HD!

RAJ

I am going to explain you this like JohnH taught me:

PR TP are

49TP spotbeams are 18 20 23 25 29
EKB: Spot Beam and Coverage Maps here is the link for the spotbeams!

So it all depends on the bandwith so each Spotbeam can carry up to 7 hd channels depends on the compresion and bandwith so in each TP there are 5spotbeams*7=35 channels for each TP

7 channels for a spotbeam
plus 13 that are on conus on 110 35 plus 13 = 48

plus 13 that are on conus on 110 35 plus 13 = 48

I think u all getting the calculation wrong.

1st...spot 25 is already filled with PR locals. there is no space for HD on it.

2nd...dish said that it will have more local channels for us so I guess...1 of the spot will be used for it also.

That leave us with 3 empty spots...that means...8*3= 24 HD channels.

I have no idea how many CONUS HD channels r available to us...but if its 10 HD....or even 12...then 24+12=36 HD channels should be available. Offcourse...the 2nd spot that Dish is planning to use for the new locals..can be mixed with more HD. So abt 40 HD channels untill the new sat goes up early next year at 119.....giving the possibility of more HD channels for us late in next year.