7 tuners one account

javigr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Caguas, Puerto Rico
I have 4 tuners, my brother is going to cancel the service next month. He will give me those Receivers. It will be 3 tuners. Can i activate those resevers for a total of 7 tuners?

I havea 622, a 722 anda 211. that puts me past 4 right there. I was told any additional receivers would have to be purchased not leased.

Isn't the general rule that there can be up to 6 leased tuners? With exceptions. And some limit for the max of leased and owned?

Good opportunity for a firm clarification from DIRT.

Of course, we're assuming he owned those receivers. It seems there are people who believe they own when in fact they are leasing.

And also, your bill will go up for each additional receiver.

Also depends on what type of receivers.If its a 612 even though its a dual tuner its only for 1 tv think the same can be said for the 512 sd receiver.

make sure you have them all connected to the internet or phone lines. or DishComm if applicable. otherwise the Nazis will be calling fairly regularly

GOD! Imagine all the additional receiver fees on that Account.

No imagination required. It's simple math really.

Say I want 15 722ks. (30 tuners total.) 14*17= $238 in receiver fees alone.

...and let's not forget that $6 DVR fee, for a grand total of $244 in receiver fees.

:p

How about the 922? It would be $248.

Not one to argue with a DIRT Team Member.. But what I have always been told is a maximum of 6 receivers per account.. They can be duals which means 12 tuners.. And the maximum leased receivers is 6 tuners.. But that could have changed..

*boggles* Are you sure that's correct amount? I'm pretty sure that another DIRT member posted that there was a much lower limit than that.
Yes I double checked with several others to find this answer. That is the max ammount of receivers that any account could have. Also if you have an account like that invite me over some time!

...and let's not forget that $6 DVR fee, for a grand total of $244 in receiver fees.

With that many fees , you better be charging those who watch PER tuner, in order to recoup your losses.

And you'll probably still get a call from the 'audit' team. :)

Not one to argue with a DIRT Team Member.. But what I have always been told is a maximum of 6 receivers per account.. They can be duals which means 12 tuners.. And the maximum leased receivers is 6 tuners.. But that could have changed..

I'm at nine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)