$70 Charge for what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kianrafiee

Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Why does DirecTV insist that I have to pay $70 for a technician to come out and take a look at my setup if I'm not getting a signal?

Shouldn't not being able to watch programming fall under something DirecTV has to cover paying for? I have to pay more money because of lowsy installation or hardware on there part?

Sorry if I sound cranky about this but this is the 3rd time I've lost signal and they keep telling me I have to pay for it, which up to this point I haven't yet but I'm getting tired of complaining. Is it just me?

Why does DirecTV insist that I have to pay $70 for a technician to come out and take a look at my setup if I'm not getting a signal?

Shouldn't not being able to watch programming fall under something DirecTV has to cover paying for? I have to pay more money because of lowsy installation or hardware on there part?

Sorry if I sound cranky about this but this is the 3rd time I've lost signal and they keep telling me I have to pay for it, which up to this point I haven't yet but I'm getting tired of complaining. Is it just me?

I agree with you 100 %
Were you receintly installed ?

Jimbo

Just get the protection plan. Its only$5.00 a month. Then if anything goes wrong they will come out for free. I never thought of paying extra for it, but with the cost of the equipment these days I thought it would be worth it. I live in south Florida where weve had a few hurricanes last year and its hell on the dishes, so its peace of mind for me. just my two cents though - I also think if you had the install within 30 days they will come out for free to make it right.

my installer told me that if i had any problems with my service to call the installation company and they would come out and fix it for free

At the same time Direct charges same 70 dollars to a customer who installed himself and I have to spend hour doing a reinstall basically free of charge. There should be personal responsibility - technician who installed should be sent to fix it. If he is no longer with Directv somebody from the same installation company should be sent. But if a customer installed himself then customer should fix it. Or pay for a new install. Just my two cents.

How about a few facts first!!! Like how long you've had the system, did you install it yourself, What Dish is it, how many receivers, is is HD or SD, or do you have both??? You know, just some basic information would help everyone reading your post, to at least make some rational decisions, and give you some answers!!!

Thanx!!!

At the same time Direct charges same 70 dollars to a customer who installed himself and I have to spend hour doing a reinstall basically free of charge. There should be personal responsibility - technician who installed should be sent to fix it. If he is no longer with Directv somebody from the same installation company should be sent. But if a customer installed himself then customer should fix it. Or pay for a new install. Just my two cents.

He's has 3 techs out already and has not been fixed yet, I would find this to be a D problem that they should cover.
He didn't say if he had to pay the $70 the first time or not.

Why are you guy wasting your time on a guy that has only posted one time, on the subject, and won't even come back to give a full explanation of the facts???

All of the facts have not been given, and in this case, something smells real fishy, wouldn't you say!!!

bob, lets not judge a book by its cover
at one time we all were new here
tell them to come fix it for free or take there sh*t off your roof to make room for dishnetwork

my lst hsp paid $28 a service call to the tech, have him roll, drop him 30 bucks, and have him cancel the work order...

if you arent going to fight the $70 charge, youre better off going that route.

or get the protection plan. one s/c a year will be more expensive than the $5/mo fee.

im not debating the $70 being outrageous, but man do customers get pissed when it takes less than 3 mins to find and replace a barrel or connector. oh well, pays to play.

RONTGLMAO.... He still has not come back to give us some details, has he... LOL

We all need the facts first gentlemen!!! That will keep people from going off, half cocked!!! We never judge a Book by it's cover Stone, and we don't have preconceived ideas either... LOL

Personally I think everyone should re read the initial message.. I never read anything about someone coming out 3 times to fix it.. I read that he lost his signal 3 times and he was complaining about it. Shoot. I lost my signal 3 times yesterday alone.. It was raining.. What Bob said.. To much comment for a non-event which has never been explained..

Honestly, people don't really think about things. As a call center representative, I constantly get asked to have a free service call because "I just tried to adjust my dish to get the static off my screen, now I have no service! Get out here, and I'm not paying for it!"

It costs D* approximately $150 to send out a truck to fix an issue, and I've had installers call me to send authorizations for a 721 that could have been fixed if the customer had just told us what the problem was. D* can't afford to give out service calls to every moocher who wants a service call that would take them a reset of their receiver to resolve. Besides, most providers that don't charge you for a service call already charge you a protection plan fee or something of the sort as part of your service charges, without giving you a choice. At least give D* credit for not forcing you to pay the protection plan fee without even letting you know you have a choice.

Besides, if you get ahold of the right person, they will usually sign you up for the protection plan and only charge you $30 for the service call, or sometimes credit the $30, or give you $5 off over 6 mo. Just keep in mind that any kind of discount or credit off of a service call or your monthly bill will usually come with a 1 yr commitment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)