Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan

The transition will happen in late 2009. Below is a list of markets and the transition date in which your equipment MUST be updated. If your equipment is not updated by the date listed below, your local channels cannot be viewed. Due to the volume of customers needing an equipment exchange, we are encouraging customers to make their equipment exchange installation appointment as soon as possible. Installation appointments will fill up quickly.

November 4,2009
Fort Wayne, IN

November 18,2009
Columbia - Jefferson City, MO
Peoria - Bloomington, IL
Youngstown, OH

December 9, 2009
Burlington, VT - Plattsburg, NY
La Crosse - Eau Claire, WI
Lincoln - Hastings, NE
Traverse City - Cadillac, MI
Waco, TX

You may be eligible for a free exchange. Please call us at 1-888-763-7772 and mention "FREE 72 LOCAL SWAP".

If you're not sure you have a legacy receiver, tune to channel 482. If you see a message saying "Channel Not Available" or "Searching for Satellite" you will need to exchange that receiver.

This is for changing EXISTING subs over TO the MPEG4 locals in these 9 markets - & yes, they too have had all NEW installs/movers on MPEG4 already.

The transition will happen in late 2009. Below is a list of markets and the transition date in which your equipment MUST be updated. If your equipment is not updated by the date listed below, your local channels cannot be viewed. Due to the volume of customers needing an equipment exchange, we are encouraging customers to make their equipment exchange installation appointment as soon as possible. Installation appointments will fill up quickly.

November 4,2009
Fort Wayne, IN

November 18,2009
Columbia - Jefferson City, MO
Peoria - Bloomington, IL
Youngstown, OH

December 9, 2009
Burlington, VT - Plattsburg, NY
La Crosse - Eau Claire, WI
Lincoln - Hastings, NE
Traverse City - Cadillac, MI
Waco, TX

You may be eligible for a free exchange. Please call us at 1-888-763-7772 and mention "FREE 72 LOCAL SWAP".

If you're not sure you have a legacy receiver, tune to channel 482. If you see a message saying "Channel Not Available" or "Searching for Satellite" you will need to exchange that receiver.

Guys what additional local channels should I now be seeing in Burlington, VT - Plattsburg, NY, I see that they were supposed to be added December 9th but I didn't notice anythign new, I have one of those really large SWM dishes.

Please say that it is CW, and does anyoen else hate not having West coast feeds for netowrks, man do I miss that, it would make my life so much easier for Sunday night recordings.

Last edited:
Please say that it is CW, and does anyoen else hate not having West coast feeds for netowrks, man do I miss that, it would make my life so much easier for Sunday night recordings.

Blame the NAB for this.
I use to have the Denver 5 and LA back when I had my C-Band, I miss the time shift ability, but the DVR handles it for me now.

Blame the NAB for this.
I use to have the Denver 5 and LA back when I had my C-Band, I miss the time shift ability, but the DVR handles it for me now.

I just want to know when I will finally get CW in the Plattsburgh/Burlington area.

I purchased my three receivers so that I wouldn't be stuck with a contract. Will they replace these for free without a commitment to a contract, or not?

Thanks.

John

72.5 signal being shut off TODAY for:

Burlington , VT – Plattsburgh , NY
Lincoln – Hastings , NE
Waco – Temple – Bryan , TX

Get your MPEG4 stuff, well, yesterday! :)

From SatelliteRacer:

Toledo and Wausau 72.5 turned off today

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As part of the continuing conversion of some local markets, Wausau, WI and Toledo, OH were transitioned over today.

2011 will be the final transition for a number of 72.5 markets moving to 99 / 103

Status
Please reply by conversation.