72.7 Pointimg

Joe99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Just looking for some advice.

Can I use a 508 receiver just for pointing a dish at 72.7? I know that 72.7 is mpeg4, but I was wondering if using a transponder that includes some of the audio only stations might work.

Also, am I better off using a Dish 300 or a Dish 500 for trying to get 72.7 as a wing satellite?

Thanks for any help.

The 508 is a MPEG2 DVB receiver and will not lock any of the transponders on 72.7
They are all in 8PSK. The 508 cannot lock 8PSK transponders. My old 301 can't either (yet the 311 can)

The 508 is a MPEG2 DVB receiver and will not lock any of the transponders on 72.7
They are all in 8PSK. The 508 cannot lock 8PSK transponders. My old 301 can't either (yet the 311 can)

Thank you. Good to know, I also have a deactivated 311. Maybe I will try that one.

Thanks again. I have a 211 for viewing programming. My 119 line of sight is becoming a problem because of new tree growth. Not my tree, not even adjacent to me. The 311 will be easier to add a separate cable to in order to find the satellite.

When pointing make sure you swing over and pick up a satellite signal first on another bird so it can load the list of available TP's on 72.7. Only takes a few seconds.

I would then verify that the TP you select has available channels on it via TheList.

When pointing make sure you swing over and pick up a satellite signal first on another bird so it can load the list of available TP's on 72.7. Only takes a few seconds.

I would then verify that the TP you select has available channels on it via TheList.

Thanks. After your post I disconnected my 508 and connected the 301 for a little bit. The 301 seems to see many 72 transponders. I know that the 508 will not work with the 72 satellite, but I may try a direct connection with the 508 and 119.

Thanks. After your post I disconnected my 508 and connected the 311 for a little bit. The 301 seems to see many 72 transponders. I know that the 508 will not work with the 72 satellite, but I may try a direct connection with the 508 and 119.

Need Help Eastern Arc

I hope someone can help me. Does anyone know should I be able to receive the 72.7 satellite I'm in Rhode Island. I tech guy was here for 6 hours today don't think he knows what he was during. I'm losing about a dozen or so HD channels right now. My dish is pointing at 61.5 110 and 119 he said you can't use it in Rhode Island. Another guy suppose to come out Monday morning. They shouldn't put HD channels on a satellite people can get then. I hope someone has some idea. Thank you.

NIMIQ5_72.jpg

Wait, I'm confused...both the 508 and the 311 (and 301) are MPEG2, and the 72.7 is MPEG4, how will any of those recievers work?:confused:

I hope someone can help me. Does anyone know should I be able to receive the 72.7 satellite I'm in Rhode Island. I tech guy was here for 6 hours today don't think he knows what he was during. I'm losing about a dozen or so HD channels right now. My dish is pointing at 61.5 110 and 119 he said you can't use it in Rhode Island. Another guy suppose to come out Monday morning. They shouldn't put HD channels on a satellite people can get then. I hope someone has some idea. Thank you.

Just plain wrong, you can get it in RI. Are you getting Spanish channels? Because I have EA with 61/72 and also 110/119. Thats the only reason I can think of that you will get 110/119 in RI. If not you should just have pure EA. If you are getting Dish Latino, tell them they have to install an EA dish and leave 77 out, and hook up the four sats to a DPP44 switch, thats what we have and it works great. Its not a standard installation so you need to tell them thats what they have to do so you can get all the channels you are paying for. Had AT250 before and used pure EA plus 110 and that worked well too, but when we switched to dish Latino we had to get 119 in order to get all the channels. Had to explain how to do it to the tech after I read about it on here, but it got done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts