7200 and DPP44?

tvrocker2k5

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
Hey everyone,
I am trying to set-up a 7200 with a DPP44 switch. I have two other receivers (942, 811) and the switch works fine for them, but when I try to get the 7200 to see the switch, I get "no switch box detected". I have three orbital slots that are hooked up to the DPP44. Port 1: 119, Port 2: 110, and Port 3: 61.5. I have my 942 connected to the Receiver '1' output along with the power inserter. 811 to Receiver '2' output and 7200 to Receiver '3' output. I have even tried swapping the outputs around, but still doesn't work.

Could this possibly be my problem? I have a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF for the 119&110 slot and I have a Dish Pro Twin for the 61.5 slot. (Obviously, I'm using only one of the connections for this). I thought that you could use either Disp Pro and/or Dish Pro Plus with the DPP44. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

First off, even though the installation manual for the DPP44 says that "any DBS satellite" on ports 1, 2, or 3 will work, does not hold true when you are using a DPP Twin LNBF and a DPP44 switch. According to the installation guide for the DPP Twin LNBF:
"The DISH Pro PLus Twin LNBF can be connected to a DISH Pro Plus 44 switch to provide 119W and 110W satellite signals to the switch. When used this way, LNBF Port 1 will default to the 119W position and LNBF Port 2 will default to the 110W position. The LNBF port marked LNB IN is not used and will not provide any signal to the switch."

The 7200 (legacy receiver) sees it as a SW64. The problem was I had Ports '1' & '2' switched on the DPP44.

I found this info out on my own after doing a bunch of research the last two days, because DISH tech support didn't have a clue as to what might be the problem. They were ready to send me a replacement, but they couldn't guarantee that it would be a 7200. It could possibly be a 501. I love my 7200 and I wasn't about to give up on it just yet!

I want to thank everyone again for all their replys and suggestions!

tvrocker2k5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)