720p and 1080i (All Cinema channels back to 1080i)

DBENE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Is there a list somewhere that tells which channels broadcast in 720p HD and which broadcast in 1080i HD?

I thought I saw it somewhere earlier. If I only have 1080i on my TV, then the ones in 720p are obviously not gonna look as good...right?

I believe the 720p signal gets upconverted(is that the right term?) to 1080i if your tv does not do 720p. The picture should still look very good though. I've heard that ABC broadcast in 720p.

From what i've read 1080i and 720p have to be compatible to each other, something about the government requiring it or some crap. All TVs that sold with HDTV logo have to do one or the other..

Just noticed that all the Cinema 10 channels are now 1080I. Makes no difference to me. I just let My Sammy change to 720P. Still wonder why ESPNHD is upconverted to 1080I when it is send 720p?

Sean,

Your list shows NFL network as being HD on Voom. I dont' think it is. Maybe I was looking at it wrong.

Actually, I saw NFL Network on my available channel's list last night while surfing. I didn't stop and see if it really WAS available though.

DBENE said:
Sean,

Your list shows NFL network as being HD on Voom. I dont' think it is. Maybe I was looking at it wrong.

There are two channels for NFL.

312 NFL Network (SD Version)
311 NFL Network (HD version)

The HD version was taken off because there was hardly anything in HD. It will comeback once NFL season starts. The only thing that NFL was showing in this HD channel was "Game of the week". This was an one hour summary of the sunday game with highlights and explanation. It was recorded by the NFL on 16 mm film and then transfered to HD.

cool. That will make football season more interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts