720p or 1080i

ylinen

Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
I have my Dish 6000u set up now with OTA. Which setting should I put the receiver in 720p or 1080i? My front projector supports both. I can't tell a difference. I have it set to 702p right now.

thanks

You will get the best results by putting the 6000 in the HD mode your projector is NATIVE in as opposed to what the projector supports. The projector can support both formats but only one is the native format, the other is merely accepted at that resolution and converted to what the native format it is. Almost all CRT based projectors will be 1080i native and most other LCD, DLP, etc. are more likely 720p native.

fslove said:
You will get the best results by putting the 6000 in the HD mode your projector is NATIVE in as opposed to what the projector supports. The projector can support both formats but only one is the native format, the other is merely accepted at that resolution and converted to what the native format it is. Almost all CRT based projectors will be 1080i native and most other LCD, DLP, etc. are more likely 720p native.

Not necessarily,depending on the scaler in the projector, it may do a better job than the scaler in the 6000.

Jordan

Jordan420 said:
fslove said:

Not necessarily,depending on the scaler in the projector, it may do a better job than the scaler in the 6000.

Jordan
Considering the conversion is done in the digital domain in the 6000 it would be hard to find a external scaler that can do a better job when it needs to do A-D then D-A again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts