721, 110 Satellite Lock, and switch problem

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I was checking the point dish screen with my 721 to do some troubleshooting. When on 110, I cannot lock on most transponders above about 23. The unit switches to a much lower transponder by itself. Dish says this is normal for a 721. My 508 locks on the higher transponders. Anyone know about this?

Also, the troubleshooting was for severe pixelation and "error 633" screen, "problem with switch..., etc." Dish sent me a refurb unit, but I still get the error screen (right after a check switch). Don't know about pixelation yet as I just activated yesterday. Where exactly is the switch? I have a 721, 508, and a quad LNBF.

Thanks

Mitch

makman said:
I was checking the point dish screen with my 721 to do some troubleshooting. When on 110, I cannot lock on most transponders above about 23. The unit switches to a much lower transponder by itself. Dish says this is normal for a 721. My 508 locks on the higher transponders. Anyone know about this?

Also, the troubleshooting was for severe pixelation and "error 633" screen, "problem with switch..., etc." Dish sent me a refurb unit, but I still get the error screen (right after a check switch). Don't know about pixelation yet as I just activated yesterday. Where exactly is the switch? I have a 721, 508, and a quad LNBF.

Thanks

Mitch
Your switch will be inside your quad lnb.It is built in to the lnb instead of the good old days where it was left to be installed seperately.Do you have 2 dishes?Could also be a bad sw-21 if only one rcvr is affected.

I only have one dish. I swapped one cable leading to the 721 with my 508 cable. Maybe I picked the good one! I will swap the other one and see if I get a switch error on the 508. Do you know about the higher transponders on the 721? The CSR said I should not be able to lock on them, but that seems kinda screwy.

Mitch

My 2 year old 721 did the same thing this week. It has always said I had a multi switch problem even after I did the switch check which confirmed that I have sat reception on both sat tuners. It also had problem with channel 351 which was on the 110 w sat. It kept saying lost satellite reception on that channel. I tried to do another switch check and this time the second tuner could not get any reception effectively dead second tuner. I called and got a ra coming. I moved my second 721 I had in my master bed room ,to the same living room spot and it did the same thing on my other 721. Lost channel 351 110 w sat lost. I hit the pip button and my other tuner could get it ,then my 2 tuner came back. I also got the multi switch problem pop up again. I have checked for the last 3 days and no problem with the second tuner or channel 351 but I still get the pop up when I do a switch check. I wonder if my dishpro quad is the faulty one and this is causing the problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts