721 - black line at bottom ?

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
My new LCD HD TV has no overscan, so you see everything output by the DVR.

When I view the 721 on this TV, there is a neat, symmetrical, clean black line just above the bottom of the image.

Does anyone else have this ? Is it a standard aspect of the 721 picture ?

My new LCD HD TV has no overscan, so you see everything output by the DVR.

When I view the 721 on this TV, there is a neat, symmetrical, clean black line just above the bottom of the image.

Does anyone else have this ? Is it a standard aspect of the 721 picture ?
This also happened to me a couple of times. A reboot corrected it.

Scott

On my 721 I had a slight black line at the bottom that curved up in the right hand corner. This was at the very bottom and not really noticable on my 36" CRT (wife noticed it, not me).

I never saw it but then again the 721 was never a common receiver and I only handled two of them but I have heard of this issue before. The curving up is a sign of other issues though that are not related to the receiver.

I never saw it but then again the 721 was never a common receiver and I only handled two of them but I have heard of this issue before. The curving up is a sign of other issues though that are not related to the receiver.

It wasn't a big curve, really slight. I don't know what it could of been. I don't have the 721 anymore (upgraded to a 622) but it did not occur on DVD's or VCR playback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)