721 bugs & Problems pre 10/1/03 software release

motjes2 said:
Here is the bug I reported before. Scott, was this bug resolved in the new update. What's the new update version?

1 - Star recording any program by pushing the "record" button on the remote control. At this point you will get the "Start Recording Options" window.

2 - Select "Manual user stop" and click "Done". The program will start recording.

3 - Now, push the "PVR" button on the remote control. This will take you to the "PVR Record Event" window.

4 - Select any previously recorded program and select "Start Over".

**********Bug****************
5 - At this point you will get a window called Error 312. it states the following: "Your request can only be carried out in live mode. Stop recording and switch to live mode now?" The only options are "Yes", "Cancel" or "No".

This is a bug because you should be able to watch a pre-recorded event even if both turners are being used for recording.

Solution: to get rid of the bug, you need to stop your manually recorded event or cancel the pre-recorded event.

We have encountered that as well.

In addition, I had a new bug this week. I attempted to delete a program after watching it - while something else was recording. When I tried to delete the show I had watched, I received a Disk Full error, despite having 50+ hours of room remaining on the harddrive.

When I went to view the show that had been recording when I received the error, I got a black screen. A reboot fixed the problem, but my machine had been rebooted just a day or two before, so it shouldnt be related to the gradual slowdown we all see.

I have a strange one happening. I have a timer that is set to start at 12:00 AM on Tuesday night (actually shows Wednesday in the timer entry). This timer fires just fine, but fires again 24 hours later. This happens every time without fail.

aperry said:
I have a strange one happening. I have a timer that is set to start at 12:00 AM on Tuesday night (actually shows Wednesday in the timer entry). This timer fires just fine, but fires again 24 hours later. This happens every time without fail.
Thats an odd one. I'd delete that timer and redo it once again making sure you have the frequency (once, weekly, daily, M-F) selected properly.

I had an issue with certain timers not firing and it would not even delete the timer so I had to reboot the receiver to delete the timer then create a new one. This fixed the problem.

I'd like to know if they fixed it so "Protected" recording are actually protected in the "clean-up" mode.

Here is a bad bug that is agitating me now. I am watching a PVR Event and I go and select "Select By Name" and then select "Clean Up" (which will cause it to list the shows in alphabetical order in the Clean Up menu) and then I use the "Page Down" button and when I go to select a show it will just go out of that menu box all by itself and the PVR button will do nothing for a period of time. It will also do this if you do not select the "Select By Name" option before selecing "Clean Up" and will do the same thing while you are selecting to scroll down a page at a time.

What the heck? BAD BUG! I hope the beta is not doing this.

aperry said:

I have this same isue. Angel on KTLA and World Poker Tour on TRAV both do the same thing when I have a midnight timer set to go off. It isn't critical as I merely delete the extra program, but it is something they should address (It might also become a problem if I have two timers set to fire at midnight at the same time..........)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)