721 Error on local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dudemus

Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
I came across a post yesterday on this subject in your DirectTV forum which got me to register on your site but I can't find the post now so I'll restart a discussion maybe.
I've got a DVR and 2 standard receivers, each with its own LNB. The DVR has started dropping some of the local channels randomly, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when they drop or return, and 721 - Channel not Purchased comes on. The other 2 receivers don't have the problem. A tech came out and said I needed to relocate the dish. Why will that help if 2 work and 1 doesn't?
Thanks.

I've "refreshed" the receiver a couple of times using Menu, Setup, Receiver Restart (or something like that...I'm not at home now). The local stations come back and stay until I go off of the 119 satellite and return to a local channel (meaning I change to a channel coming from a different satellite and then try to return to a channel coming from the 119)
I get the 721 Channel not Purchased message. I am getting a good signal and I don't have any trouble with the other 2 receivers in the house. I find it hard to believe relocating the dish will fix this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)