721 "guide" button not working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
Very strange problem.

My 721 does not respond to pressing the GUIDE button. If I press MENU then get to the guide from there, it will work!?

Sometimes once I go through the above sequence, the guide button will begin to work again for a while.

It's not the remote, as it does the same thing with multiple remotes. If I reboot the 721, the guide button will work again for a while, but after some time it stops again.

Anyone else see this? Is there a remedy?

THANKS

:-jon

I wonder if it is a software glitch. I have had issues where I had to reboot my receiver a few times lately.

I think there is a memory leak or some such, and the way to fix it is a reboot of the box.

I've seen it when I've used the remote a lot.

Thanks guys. I'll try an "unplug the thing" reboot. It's not the batteries, not only have I changed them, but it happens with multiple remotes.

I too thought the GUIDE button might be worn out (it does get a lot of use), but when I do a "pull the card" reboot, the guide button works for a few days.

Very odd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)