721 L1.15 Bug Reports

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This weekend saw a further decline in the operation of our 721. Starting on Sat if you tried to start a PVR event, pressing start over to begin playback only kicks us out to a live program. You had to go back in a second time to get it to start. Took a reboot to get it to clear. Then, we found that at the end of the show you couldn't do anything with it. Hitting delete key got the normal response screen, unfortunately none of the actions actually worked. Hitting delete got the "Are you sure screen" but selecting yes did not get "This may take some time" screen and subsequent removal of the file. The screen blinked and nothing else. Back to the same screen. Once this happened, NO BUTTON worked at all outside of the end of event screen.

Caller ID is still evaporating about 24-36 hrs and takes a reboot to get it back in operation.

AND TO TOP THIS OFF, everytime I call in and talk with tech support, I get the universal E* reply: "Huh, first time we have heard about that." This has gone beyond frustrating.

Oh, and the start/skip/skip/skip audio drop out and pause/pause back to start bugs are still as active as ever.

The only thing my 721 is doing now similiar to yours is the caller id stops working and it takes a reboot to bring it back. Why don't you get Dish to rma it and get another one. If you aren't already on an extended warrenty with Dish for $1.99 a month you need to be. With dvrs it is a must. It also will cover your dish lnb and any other receivers ,switches ,etc on your account.

Not only does this piece of crap they call a 721 reboot every time I have back-to-back timers, now it finds its own programs to record. Every few days I find it recording a program I never heard of. I can go into the timers and it shows none of these strays. If I go through the guide I can find more but they are not listed in the timers (name or time). As a former dealer I should have known better, I regret ever hooking up with these clowns.

MikeD-C05 said:
The only thing my 721 is doing now similiar to yours is the caller id stops working and it takes a reboot to bring it back. Why don't you get Dish to rma it and get another one. If you aren't already on an extended warrenty with Dish for $1.99 a month you need to be. With dvrs it is a must. It also will cover your dish lnb and any other receivers ,switches ,etc on your account.

I would, except we have about 45 hrs of stuff on it. We have the warranty. Had to have the 501 replaced about 2 months ago.

I have had an issue with the 721 this evening where it would not let me do some or any functions with it and it required a reboot to fix the issue.

Sean Mota said:
Jason said:
A new bug has started happening on my 721 since today's update. When I am watching a previously recorded program and I hit 'Pause', wait a little bit and hit 'Pause' again to resume playback it randomly resets the program and starts playing from the very beginning! This is a brand new bug and it randomly happens. It is something that I cannot get to happen on queue.

Has anyone else experienced this bug yet?

Jason, I did not experience this today but I did not wait a little bit. Although I do remember pausing previously recorded programs. I will need to check this again and will let you know more in details if I am experiencing the same.
I also get this. If I'm either watching a recorded show or a live-buffered program, if I hit pause, then try to frame advance, then pause, then play it takes me back to the beginning of the recorded program or the front of the buffer. I was able to reproduce this several times.

FWGMills
formerly "mediamills"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)