721 L1.74 Update

Same here with the stated problems:

1. The "can't record" bug. It says that it is recording, but the pvr list shows nothing except ONE recording.

2. Last night, all my drive was gone. Full 90 hours shown on "available" time. A reboot brought back all the previous recordings, but only for a little while. Within a few minutes, all I saw on the PVR list was gibberish...funky characters. Another roboot fixed that, and the third time I noticed some hard disk click sounds. I assumed it is another software upgrade, so left it as is.

3. The back button bug seems to be coming off and on. It was a bit better when the card was replaced with the new one, but it is back after the recent software upgrade. I guess it is at 174 now.

khiyal said:
2. ... and the third time I noticed some hard disk click sounds. I assumed it is another software upgrade, so left it as is.

There are many different sounds you can hear from a hard drive. If you are hearing "clicking" that you have not heard before and not normal head movement, it may be that the drive is about to die. I've been around enough dead WD drives I recognize that sound instantly...

Update. All recordings gone now at the most recent reboot as everything halted. Now even though it says that I have 90 hours of recording time left, i cannot record new shows or create new timers. In addition, my favourites list is just a gibberish. Strange characters instead of names. I have a feeling that the hard disk may be revivable as it is still showing the different favourites lists in the order that i had them with the preset channels. Trying for another cold boot this time instead of using the button in front of the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)