721 pause live question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bhawley

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 5, 2003
Central NC
Coming from 7200 :). Can you pause live, go view a recorded event, then resume the paused live show? When we try this now the live show is no longer paused.

Thanks,
Bill Hawley

I think the answer is a qualified yes. As long as you're using PIP, I think you can. You basically pause the live program, hit PIP, then swap the live show to the PIP window. Then you can watch the recorded program. If you close out the PIP window, I think you'll lose what's in the pause buffer. Hence the qualified yes. You can do it but its sort of a PITA.

I think there was some mention a while back about this being changed so that you could close out the PIP window, but still have a transparent icon in the corner that represented the PIP. Either I'm ignorant and don't understand how to use the receiver (always a possibility) or that feature got dropped somewhere along the line.

Mike

iammike said:
I
I think there was some mention a while back about this being changed so that you could close out the PIP window, but still have a transparent icon in the corner that represented the PIP. Either I'm ignorant and don't understand how to use the receiver (always a possibility) or that feature got dropped somewhere along the line.

Mike
I think(!) what you are looking for is the RED button functionality. that does the live tv buffer on the second tuner. Press the RED button (with the
satellite logo, not the DISH logo) and you'll see what I mean. See also Scott's post around the beta of the OpenTV release of the 721 code.

LER

Hey LER,

Thanks! That works like a champ. Looks like my ignorance got the best of me again. I'll look for Scott's review. That's probably what I was thinking about in my original post.

The 164 page manual Dish sent me with my 721 doesn't mention this tip anywhere. Neither does the on-line version on the Dish web site. Does a current manual exist somewhere?

Mike

iammike said:
Hey LER,
The 164 page manual Dish sent me with my 721 doesn't mention this tip anywhere. Neither does the on-line version on the Dish web site. Does a current manual exist somewhere?

Mike
I've never seen ANY documentation on it, except here on SatelliteGuys.US.

Another benefit of this place :)

LER

You know what I liked about the 7100/7200 DishPlayer receivers? They did not have a limit on the pause buffer. You could pause them for as long as you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)