721 promotion, required to return LNBs?

AppliedAggression

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Connecticut
I got my 721 through the exec office at Dish. They also sent me new LNBs and a dp34 siwtch. Inside one of the LNBs box was a return slip explaining that I need to return the switch, LNBs and receiver (?). I don't have a receiver to return and they didn't say anythign about me returning the switch and LNBs. Do I have to do it, or is this standard to jsut include it in every box?

I got the same thing in my quad box. I don't think I'll send it back unless someone tells me different. Two duals and two 21 switches would just be junk to them.

I put a post in the DVR forum about my 721 experience.

It seems if you have a DP Quad the 721 can't download the initial software. The solution is to change out the DP Quad LNB for this initial download.

I don't know if this is what Dish had in mind, as it would suprise me they would be thinking this far ahead.

I got the same thing in my LNB box. I called back and was told I did not need to return anything. Whoever packs the box, automatically stuffs it into the box.

Do they have your credit card number ?? :)

I know with the DHA plan, when you cancel, you return everything except the dish and wires. The contract states receivers, LNBFs, and switches need to be returned.

cool, got a little scared when i saw the paper because i had already taken into account the amount i'll get from selling these on ebay. good to hear. thanks

Just for insurance, I AM keeping the direct phone number to the executive support guy that sold this to me, per his instructions. If I see anything being charged back to me, I am suppose to call him.

How did you get this deal through the exec office at dish and what did it cost you for the 721, switches and lnb's? I would like to upgrade to this setup and would like to find out how to do it thru dish direct. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)